We offer nearly 30 merit badge classes, many of which are not typically offered at other Merit Badge Days. All of our merit badge classes are half day (3 hour classes) with the exception of First Aid which is an all day class.
You may select one all day merit badge session OR a maximum of two 1/2 day merit badge sessions. If you choose two merit badge sessions, you are limited to registering for only one Eagle Scout-Required merit badge class (denoted by an asterisks in the class schedule).
– $65 plus 5 cans / items of food
– Registration fee includes lunch
– Cans / food items will be donated to Feeding America to help fight hunger in San Diego
7:00 am — Check In Begins
8:30 am — Flag Ceremony & Opening Remarks
9:00 am – 12:00 pm — Merit Badge Session 1
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm — Lunch (provided)
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm — Merit Badge Session 2
Lunch is included in the Scout’s registration fee. It is an all-you-can-eat Buffet style including options for hamburgers, pizza, salad bar, a soda fountain and soft-serve ice cream. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available. Adult lunches are also available for purchase for an additional $12.00 when registering for the event.
Preparation & Prerequisites
- Scouts should obtain and read the current merit badge book.
- Scouts can plan their Merit Badge Day registrations by viewing the class schedule here.
- Scouts may print the corresponding worksheets to use as a tool to organize notes and document their work on the prerequisites and during class. Scouts can view the individual Merit Badge Descriptions and Prerequisites and download the worksheets here.
- To earn the merit badge, Scouts need to complete all prerequisites and show proof of completion. Download the prerequisite form and have it signed by your Scoutmaster once all prerequisites have been completed.
- Scouts should bring the following items to Merit Badge Day:
– A Scoutmaster-signed prerequisite form (download here)
– A Scoutmaster-signed blue card for each merit badge
– Merit badge worksheets
– Pen / pencil and paper
- Scouts must be prepared to discuss and demonstrate all requirements to be completed before class. Please bring all written work including any worksheets and drawings. Scouts must also bring a Scoutmaster-signed proof of completion for these prerequisites. Remember: Merit badges are EARNED, not just given out.
- Scouts should wear their official BSA Scout uniform (or Venture Crew’s uniform) and appropriate footwear.
- Parents and Scout leaders are welcome. Each Troop should be accompanied / supervised by an appropriate number of adults.
- Cash for Trading Post purchases.
New at this event, we will be hosting a Trading Post! Bring cash to enjoy a variety of snacks, drinks and more.
Cancellation/Class Change Policy
All Merit Badge Day registrations are final. There are NO refunds for cancellations. If a Scout can no longer attend, he/she will forfeit their registration fee. There will be NO credits for future events and NO registration transfers to other Scouts. There are also NO class changes once you register. Be sure to review all prerequisites and double check that your Scout needs/wants the merit badges you sign him/her up for BEFORE you register.